We are currently seeking exceptional individuals with a desire to work and thrive in an Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist position. The Accounts Receivable Specialist strives to exceed in all aspects of the billing process for one or more of our wonderful clients. This includes, but is not limited to filing claims, AR management, answering patient questions, submitting insurance appeals, managing worker’s compensation claims, managing insurance correspondence, and other tasks required for account management.
AR Specialist responsibilities include:
- Monitoring the processing of all payments from insurance carriers and patients for each client.
- Monitor and ensure clean claims are filed in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service to and maintain a professional business relationship with patients, clients, and third-party payers.
- Maintain aged accounts receivables for clients as specified by the company and client.
- Identify and resolve any errors or problems with insurance processing, posting, credit balances, clinic data entry, and electronic transmission.
- Serve as a backup AR Specialist for other clients as needed.
- Follow company policies and procedures for refunds.
- Record all actions related to a patient’s account into the management system.
- Maintain a courteous and professional attitude within the workplace.
- Experience in an AR Specialist or related role
- Therapy billing experience
- Prior use practice management systems
- Willingness to be a team player
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Very knowledgeable regarding third party payer rules, regulations, and trends
- Understanding of AR processes
- Positive and professional attitude towards clients and coworkers
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work with interruptions
- 401K with company match
- Company paid and additional Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Potential for remote
- Paid time off